Monday 21 July 2008

Chinese Web Search

In a recent article in the Communications of the ACM, I picked up some URL's for non-English including Chinese.

Here's a list of Search Engines I gleaned from that article:

Baidu
Yam
Timway (very slow)
Sina (looks more like a portal, difficult to see the search button).

Given the nearness of the olympics, I tried that as a search term on all of these services. Did seem to come up with some useful results, with English and Chinese words mixed in together.

I've put these on one page, but will add more Web Search services of this type as I find them or people send them to me.

References

Chung, W. (2008). Web searching in a Multilingual World. Communications of the ACM, Vol. 51, No. 3, pp 32-40.

Posts in the series are available here.

No comments: